domingo, 5 de febrero de 2012

5/2/2012

Yesterday, I woke up late again.  I swear it's just because I'm still adjusting to the time difference.. Well I'll have to start waking up at a reasonable time this week, as our real classes start tomorrow.  I'm excited to finally start classes, and hopefully volunteering too.  I want to be busy and have things to do during the day.  So I woke up, had lunch.  It was the verdura soup again.  Then I met up with Kirsten and Michelle.  We walked around, stopped in Plaza Alfalfa at an Heladeria.  I got a crepe with nutella (it had a hugeee scoop of warm Nutella) and a scoop of Ferre Roche ice cream on top.  Literally to die for.  The place we went to was little- they gave us our crepes on half size "plates" with tiny spoons, and we took them and sat in the sun.  It was a little chilly but in the sun it felt nice.  Right now it's pretty cold for Spain.  Mid 50s.  Gross!!! I'm spoiled now.  This weather is horrible :( I never want to go out at night because it's freezing.  Next winter is gonna suck.  After this we went to the movies.  Saw "Jack y su gemela" (Jack and his twin- Jack and Jill in the US).  It was dubbed in Spanish without subtitles.  I understood almost everything, and it got a lot easier by the end.  The movie was dumb, and I fell asleep for like the last 10 minutes.  It was good practice though.  The movie theater was really cool- there were stores inside of it.  It had bleacher-like seating as well, which is always nice.  The movie was full-mostly kids.  It's weird to think that a dubbed movie is normal for them.  But most of the popular movies here are American movies.  I was also thinking today how it's weird that almost all of the music here is American as well.  I can't imagine everywhere in America playing music in another language- but that's what the people here are used to.  And everyone I've asked about it loves it.  After the movie I came back and ate dinner.  Had half a sandwich with cream cheese and salami, and a piece of chicken and a piece of beef on the side.  Then I just hung out here.  Today, slept late again- and THEN took a nap.  This cold weather is making me so lazy.  After I met up with Kirsten and walked around.  It's ridiculous how cold the apartments are here.  As soon as I stepped outside bundled up - I realized it was not nearly as cold out there.  Still chilly, but the apartment is freezing.  Especially when I'm sleeping.  I wear a long sleeve shirt, sweat shirt, fleece pants, long socks, and curl up in a ball.  I wake up in the night because my legs hurt from being curled up.  I put my hood on last night, and I almost put on gloves.  Not fun.  So Kirsten and I ended up getting frozen yogurt.  There's a big gap between lunch and dinner, so a merienda (snack) is common.  The frozen yogurt is sooo good, and I figure it's healthier than pastry, so why not?  This time I tried something different.  It's like a layered fruit/cereal/frozen yogurt thing.  So they put frozen yogurt on the bottom, a chocolate granola cereal, kiwi, mango, and strawberries, chocolate covered peanuts, dulce de leche sauce, more frozen yogurt, and then more dulce sauce.  It was amazing.  Then I came home, hung out, and had dinner.  Had half a turkey and cheese sandwich, and some soup.  Around 11:15 I'm meeting with some of the girls to go watch the Super Bowl at a bar called O'neils.  It's about a 20 minute walk.  I didn't eat too much dinner because.. THEY HAVE BUFFALO CHICKEN! I hope its good because I'm so excited to have some.  They have a lot of stuff that sounds good too.  And the kitchen will be  open all night! Go Pats!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario