martes, 6 de marzo de 2012

6/3/2012

Today wasn't very exciting.  Woke up this morning and my throat was killing and I was exhausted.  I got like 9 hours of sleep though, which is plenty.  Went to teaching.  Nothing out of the usual.  Although they're not learning about the fish and the frog anymore.. finally!  They've moved onto big and small.  The teacher put out some shapes and said "This is big" "This is small" and then had the kids come up and they had to hand her something big/small depending on what she asked.  It's so cute hearing the little kids say "Beeeeg" and "Esmalllll".  Then they went to their tables and we handed out worksheets for them.  The teacher had me go around and write their names on them.  This is no easy task when all the kids are Spanish.  Luckily there is a list on the wall that I can go look at if I need to.  Today was easier because I had a Carla, Jesus, Blanca, Alicia.. but days when I'm dealing with Maksim (pronounced like Maxine), Inma.. (something long but they called her what sounds like Emma).. and other names that have accents and stuff.  Anyways I went around and wrote their names on their papers.  They had a paper with two cars on it, one big and one small.  They were told to only color the big one.  They then have to go show the teacher and it's weird - if it's not colored in completely, she makes them finish it.  I just find this odd because they're three years old.  It's impressive enough that they can color in the lines for the most part.  But it's art, let them color it how they want!  Anyways the teacher then writes BIG! on it, and they put it in their "plastic".  Another strange thing I've noticed.  They don't use folders here.  They use plastic sheets for binders, but without the binders.  And it's sort of dumb because three year-olds cannot put pieces of paper into sheets of plastic.  The majority of them end up needing help.  While they're coloring I just go around and say "Well done!" "Fantastic!", because I've noticed those are the words that the teacher uses.  After this they did centers.  Costumes, cutting, coloring, puzzles.  Blanca, my fav, kept coming over to me and asking me to sit next to her.  She is too cute I can't handle it!  I just can't say no.  But eventually I'm able to wander away and check on the other tables.  It's seriously a problem though.  I'm gonna play favorites so bad as a teacher.  I'm sorry but there'll always just be kids that I like more!  Blanca was cutting paper today, because that was what her table was doing.  The teacher had given them each a sheet with straight lines.  Blanca asked for another one, and then she wanted one with a heart to cut out.  Then another one.  And another one.  I probably should've said no, you've have enough, but she's too cute!  Those pigtails kill me.  Then there was a little boy named Manuel, who was playing with the puzzles.  He took two pieces of the puzzle that a little girl was playing with.  She asked me to get them back.  I tried, but of course he wasn't just going to hang them over.  So I had to tickle him.  Being extremely ticklish myself, I know, this is horrible.  It's borderline torture.  Well little Manuel was very ticklish and fell to the ground with laughter.  I successfully pried the pieces out of his hands and gave them back to the little girl.  But apparently Manuel thought it was fun, because he stole another piece.  I gave up and let him keep it figuring that would be less fun, and went and hung out with Blanca.  I still have my regrets about choosing to teach three year-olds, but I can't complain.  Everyday when I walk in there and little kids are running at me and hugging me it's the best.  They're so loving and so friggin adorable!! Well today two little girls kept slapping my bum, but normally it's just hugs.  After they did centers they came to the rug and Elena read a book quickly before they left.  Went home, ate bean stew for lunch, talked to senora for a bit about Barcelona, and then napped.  I was so exhausted all day.  I did nottttttt want to wake up from that nap.  It was so hard. Although, impressively, I only set one alarm, and I hit snooze multiple times, and got up! This is rare.  Had class.  A preschool teacher came in and talked to us and I learned some new things from her.  I'm tired and sick.  That is all.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario