lunes, 12 de marzo de 2012

12/3/2012

Midterms week.  Ugh.  Today I went to cooking class.  For this midterm the teacher gave us a list of nine questions - six will be on the test, and we'll have to answer four.  Well today she spent the whole hour and a half class going over what we need to write in each of these questions.  While it's going to be pretty easy because all of the answers are in the powerpoints, it's a ton of information, all in Spanish, and about food and culture.  Gonna be a longggg test.  Came back, began studying the questions for this midterm.  Went up to the roof and did some work up there because it's almost 80 here and beautiful.  (Which reminds me how pissed I am that its 70 at home! The one winter I miss of course isn't even cold!!)  Studied all day, took a little nap.  So last night I went to charge my phone and it wouldn't charge at all.  So much for my excitement about it charging in Paris.  So before my 7:00 class I went to the apple store, called "Goldenmac" here.  I go up to the guy who works there and start explaining my problem.  I wasn't struggling too badly, but of course it would be easier to say it in English.  I tried at one point to say when I turn it on.. but I couldn't think of the word.  I was struggling trying to think of how to explain what I was trying to say, the guy said "So it charged when you turned it off, but it didn't say it's charging", in clear English.  Well that made things a little easier.  He took out one of those microscope things that doctors use to look in your ears and looked at the part where the charger goes.  He didn't see anything wrong and was going to send me on my way with an apple care card, and told me I would have to send my phone away and they'd send me a new one.  Therefore, I'd lose everything on my phone.  He looked at my phone one more time, then plugged it in to his computer.  If he pushed on it a certain way, it would charge.  So that's my solution.  I have to hold my phone to charge it.  Went to flamenco class - more review for midterms.  Came back and got my phone to charge without touching it.  My computer still won't let me get my pictures and stuff, but it's charging now.  The two Italian girls made pasta for dinner.  It was pretty good.  They're pretty nice.  Really goofy.  They're 17 and 18 and from Milan, studying here for two weeks.  At dinner the girls were talking about their boyfriends and how they're really jealous that they're here.  Then senora was saying how guys can be overbearing.  Then she was like "Daniella haven't you noticed Luis hasn't been her? I got annoyed! I told him to go.  I don't know if he's coming back, but I don't care".  I asked her why and she was like I was annoyed.  Very weird.  Then she told the girls they've been together for 12 years.  No idea what happened haha but it's interesting.  Guess we'll see.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario