domingo, 29 de enero de 2012

29/1/2012

Today I woke up around one, showered, and had lunch.  Senora wasn't here, but she left me some vegetable stew with beef from the other night.  I went to met up with Sarah, Nicole and Kimby, and we went to the Plaza de Espana.  It was beautiful.  I had been here last time I came to Sevilla, but it was such a beautiful day it looked even prettier this time.  So the plaza is a big building, shaped like a crescent moon kind of, and has a little seating area for each of the cities in Spain (I think).  It's hard to explain.  There's a little river that goes around the front of the plaza and they have paddle boats you can rent for 5 euro.  So we did paddled around the river.  It was such a nice day - I was in short sleeves - the sun really was hot.  We did okay paddling - but we're girls so we did crash into a some other boats a few times.  After we went and laid down in one of the bench areas - under the Madrid one - and soaked up some sun.  We then went and got gelato.  I got orange chocolate and hazelnut. It was delicious.
After this I ran home for a bit, then went to meet up with my intercambio.  I'm starting to really learn the streets - I got my friends and myself home today, and then I made it to the Cathedral and back without getting lost.  Granted, I am really lucky that I have such a great location - right in the center.  So I met up with my intercambio.  We went to a cafe and sat outside and chatted.  I got a chocolate "cana" - basically a croissant type pasty.  I learned a lot from my intercambio already.  Just some useful sayings and he corrected any errors I made.
Came home, had dinner.  Senora made me a ham and cheese sandwich and some pudding for dessert.  She's been making dinner a lot lighter lately, which is good.  Having a huge meal around 9:30 is too much too late.

I can't believe I've been here two weeks already.  In the beginning it was going by slowly, but now I'm feeling like I just left.  I need to make a much bigger effort to go out and speak Spanish.  It's hard, but I need to get better.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario