viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

21/1/2012

 This morning I woke up.. my alarm was set for 11:05, don't know what I was thinking because I had to leave 20 mins later.  Luckily I was woken up around 10:45.  I had toast and a banana.  Senora was still sleeping.  Then I went to el Alcazar, a palace of some sort.  It was really beautiful.  It's just really cool to see how detailed all the buildings are.  The ceilings are crazy, and every tile is intricately designed and.. well you can see the pics.  It's just really cool to see.  So we got a guided tour of that, for about an hour.  Then we walked around on our own for a bit.  We snuck up to the top of some closed off tower and got a really pretty view of the whole place.  We tried one of the oranges from the trees for the first time.  We had heard you're not supposed to eat them and they're really bitter, but of course we've all been curious.  It tastes sort of like a lemon.  It wasn't bad.  Then we saw some lemons that looked like they were in an orange tree.  Turns out they graphed two trees together - not sure why.  It was cool though.  They smelled really good - that's why there are so many pics of us smelling the lemons.  One of the kids in my group, Josh, took one and has been carrying it around all day - he named it Ricardo.  Odd. Then I came back and had lunch.  Senora gave me rice with some red sauce on it and an egg over easy (that's how they eat them here and I love it because that's my fav).  I ate that, and THEN she brought me out an empanata.  It was amazing! It was basically tuna, red and green peppers, and onions between two pieces of pie crust.  Even though I'm not crazy about the tuna here I loved this. It was HUGE though.  She gave me the whole thing.  I was able to stomach half, and she said she'd save the rest for dinner which I'm happy about because it was delicious.  After lunch showered, took a nap.  Then met up with the group I had been with earlier - Kirsten, Sarah, Nicole, Michelle, and Josh.  (I figured I'd name them so it's easier when I talk about them).  Sarah and Nicole are really nice and they both go to Tufts which is nice because they're two less people who make fun of my accent and the fact that I say "wicked".  Actually Nicole wants to go watch the Pats game tomorrow, so I may go with her.  We walked around and went shopping.  The first store we went into Josh grabbed a sweater and was like Danielle try this! (In a demanding gay voice).  I did and he was right, it looked good so I bought it.  Then we continued walking.  After we walked around for a while we got some churros and chocolate.  SO good.  The chocolate was like really thick hot chocolate. Soo gooodd.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario