viernes, 27 de enero de 2012

20/1/2012



So today I woke up around 11:15.  I had toast and jelly for breakfast and some kiwi yogurt.  Went to CIEE center and picked my class schedule.  I found out I'm going to be teaching infantils- 3 to 6 year olds! They're gonna be soooo cute it's gonna be so much fun! So assuming I get the classes I chose I will have... Mondays & Wednesday Culture & cuisine in Spain (in which we will actually cook some Spanish food!) from 11-12:30; then Flamenco (which is the popular dance here-I don't know if we'll actually dance at all) from 7-8:40.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll have my teaching practicum from 12-2 and then Methodology of teaching a foreign language from 5-6:40, and finally my teaching development class from 7-8:40.  So these classes begin the week of February 6th, after the two week grammar class that I am taking.  I got the results from that test I took today and they suggest that I take regular classes at the university with Spaniards --I must be a really good guesser because that's ridiculous.  I'm going with the easier ones because I do not have that much confidence in my Spanish.  After this I came back to my apartment and had lunch.  I had lentil stew with carrots and potatoes it was good.  As I was eating this she brought me out a sandwich.  It was like a crunchy taco shell with some kind of tuna salad.  It was okay but the tuna here is weird.  It's very salty and a lot more fishy tasting. I'm not a huge fan.  Then I met up with one of the girls from my group and we walked around chatting and trying to find our way.  Her name is Kirsten - she's very nice.  The rest of the group got really cliquey really fast.  I try to stay away from that because it's annoying they're already talking shit about some other kids in the group and I just think it's dumb.  We've been here for a week.  So I stay away from them and I found a nice small group of me and three other girls who are very nice.  So we then went to CIEE for what we thought was something mandatory but it was really a bunch of companies handing out information about different activities.  We're gonna try taking a flamenco class.  Should be interesting.  We walked around a bit after, then I came back here.  Senora just made me some soup, with potato, spaggetti, carrot, chick peas, and a chicken bone.  Then we  had pizza that she made.  It had ham, tuna, and cheese.  It was really good.  Then she made me have dessert - so I had kiwi yogurt.  Thennn she brought me chocolate, which I can't turn down.  SO full.  All this walking should make me skinny but not if I'm being forced fed! At least the stuff seems healthy.  So now I'm going to meet up with three girls to walk around.  We might go up on this weird honey comb-looking building ( you may have seen it in my pics ).  Up there you can see the whole city and it's supposed to be pretty cool.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario